Syllabus and Course Outline
AUTOMATED AIR FARES & TICKETS - SABRE
Automated Air Reservations
NUMBER OF HOURS:
15 - 30 Hours
Become proficient in the automation systems used by airlines
and their authorized agents as you continue to practice creating
PNRs and add the skills of interpreting fare quote displays and rule
displays, pricing and ticketing. Exercises and drills will improve
your proficiency and speed. You will use RTS©, a hands-on simulation
of Sabre® in conjunction with the online tutorial. The full RTS© Sabre®
simulation program includes three courses available in a U.S. version
and a Canadian version.
You will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Define domestic fare terms
- Explain the general rule of fare construction and application
- Retrieve and interpret Fare Quote Displays and Rule Displays
- Explain fare rules to the client
- Price itineraries at the lowest applicable fare for booking code used
- Bargain Price itineraries at the lowest available fare
- Bargain Price itineraries at the lowest available fare and rebook in the appropriate class
- Store the fare and interpret the fare and tax calculation information
- Generate automated tickets
Successful completion of all Reviews, Exercises, Drills and Final Exam.
Each lesson includes an online Review and Exercise to increase application skill.
The maximum time to complete this course will be sent to you by your instructor. This automated course has 3 exercises, 4 reviews and one final exam. The course has a lot of information and a lot of entries to memorize. Use your Quick reference.
Lesson 1 - Domestic Fares (9 pages)
Lesson 2 - Domestic Fare Rules (9 pages)
Lesson 3 - Fare Quote - with Rules (10 pages)
Lesson 4 - Summary and Drill (12 pages)
Lesson 5 - Pricing and Ticketing Basics (11 pages)
Lesson 6 - Summary and Drill (6 pages)