Syllabus and Course Outline
FRONT DESK AGENT
NUMBER OF HOURS:
15 - 20 Hours
Quantum Learning's Front Desk Agent Tourism Career Sampler is an informal and interactive program loaded with background knowledge, definitions, skills, practical exercises, suggested career path and resources to aid the participants in their choice to become a front desk agent. The program is based on current occupational standards.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the background of the accommodation industry
- Define and describe the duties of a front desk agent
- Decode and define the codes and terms used by front desk agents
- Make room reservations
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Respond to guest complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers
- Present statements of charges to departing guests
- Receive payment for services such as accommodation, room service and meals
Successful completion of all Stop, Review and Apply Exercises, Challenges (research and application), Try Its! Exam, and Evaluations of properties.
Each lesson includes an online Review (Stop, Review and Apply) as well as at least one Challenge that requires independent research and application.
COURSE ACTIVITIES AND ASSIGNMENTS:
Lesson 1 - Introduction to the Accommodations Industry (6 pages)
Lesson 2 - Definition and Skills of a Front Desk Agent (6 pages)
Lesson 3 - Terminology Used by a Front Desk Agent (7 pages)
Lesson 4 - Duties of a Front Desk Agent (23 pages)
The maximum time to complete this course will be sent to you by your instructor. There are 9 challenges, 4 reviews, 6 learning activities and 1 exam. These assignments are not too consuming. You can easily do two to three assignments per week. Each assignment takes approximately an hour. To complete this course within a month, you would need to do three to four assignments within a week and plan on spending four-six hours a week.