Syllabus and Course Outline
EVENT REGISTRATION EVNT 1300
NUMBER OF HOURS:
15 - 30 Hours
This course will introduce students to various registration systems and keys to selecting the best registration method. Students will learn the process to make informed decisions.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how the registration process sets the tone for an event, whether it is a convention, sales expo or educational seminar
- Create and work with a registration planning timeline
- Conduct a needs assessment and establish registration forms and procedures which will meet those needs
- Identify and be able to set up the different types of registration available to planners to register attendees for a particular event
- Recognize the items that need to be completed before, during and after an event registration
Successful completion of all activities, quizzes and final exam. You will receive a welcome letter from your instructor which will include greater details of grading criteria.
Each lesson includes one quiz and some also have an activity assignment which will require independent research and application.
COURSE ACTIVITIES AND ASSIGNMENTS:
Lesson 1 - Introduction to Event Registration (12 pages)
Lesson 2 - The Registration Timeline (10 pages)
Lesson 3 - The Needs Assessment (14 pages)
Lesson 4 - Types of Registration (10 pages)
Lesson 5 - Communication (10 pages)
Lesson 6 - Pre Conference Preparation (12 pages)
Lesson 7 - Registration Set Up (13 pages)
The maximum time to complete this course will be sent to you by your instructor. This includes 7 quizzes, 3 activity assignments and 1 exam. The final exam is 50 questions long and can be completed within two hours. This course does not include a lot of assignments and you can conceivably complete this course within a month. To do so, you will need to complete two lessons a week.